PopUp Mainframe & Delphix – A powerful combination
Provision secure mainframe environments on demand on premise and in the cloud.
Delphix Programmable Data Infrastructure enables virtualisation and automation all types of mainframe data (including DB2, VSAM and other flat files) as well as distributed data. These data sources can be fully masked deterministically within Delphix, safely securing personal information, then virtualised. Plug this data into PopUp Mainframe, and you can use the images to create fully data compliant copies of your mainframe environments across your dev and test ecosystems.
Fully masked gold copies
Masked data can be stored as a simple gold copy, or tailored and transformed as required to create additional gold copy flavours.
Using gold copies, additional environments can be provisioned in minutes via PopUp Mainframe’s self-service and/or fully controlled by pipelines. These environments are disposable and if designed and used correctly, require no maintenance.
PopUp Mainframe can run on-prem and in the cloud, enabling you to have environments on demand across your entire application landscape.
Example use cases
- Offload Production and Test LPAR Processing Costs
- Reduce the Mainframe MIPS requirement and enable huge cost savings
- Provide rapid access to Mainframe data and integrate with your distributed systems data
- Drive DevOps adoption for your Mainframe applications
- Unlock the value in your Mainframe data to drive AI and ML projects
- Easily clone and baseline (bookmark) mainframe environment copies
- Providing Mainframe Developers and Testers with their own environments to accelerate application development and release cycles
- Enable rapid Incident resolution by providing break-fix environments at user-defined points in time